Skip to content
- Drink plenty of water every day to prevent kidney stone formation. Drink at least 12-15 glass of water daily. More you drink water more urine become diluted so it is very easy for kidney to remove the calcium and waste products out in the kidney. Amount of water or fluid intake should be increase when there is summer or you do exercise.
- Diet to reduce:
- Stone is composed of calcium and oxalate. Oxalate prevents calcium absorption in the intestine, so more calcium accumulated in the kidney to form the stone.
- Food one should avoid which contain high amount of oxylate like Chocolate,Tea/coffee,Ice cream,Milk products,Almond, pea nuts and cashew nuts,Soya Products,Beat root,Green leafy vegetables.
- One should not reduce the amount of calcium diet unless your family doctor recommends it. This is because calcium is require for healthy bone and teeth.
- Diet restriction which contain uric acid like Non Vegetarian diet like meat and fish