It’s a medical speciality deals with the siseases of kidney. It includes the study of kidney function,kidney problem,kidney transplant,kidney biopsy, diabetes and hypertention causes kidney diseases.
A nephrologist is a superspecialist a medical doctor who specialized in kidney care and treatment of kidney diseases.
Nephrologist commonly treat ARF, CRF, Chronic kidney diseases, Polycystic kidney, diabetes, High blodd pressure and are educated on all aspects of kidney transplantation and dialysis.
Symptoms Of Kidney Disease
- Edema over face and feet.
- Loss of appetite.
- Blood in urine, frothy urine.
- Burning in urine.
- Decreased urine.
- Nausea, vomiting.
- Unexplained low hemoglobin and weakness.
- Itching all over body.
Causes Of Kidney Failure
A. Causes of acute renal failure
- Pain killers and nephrotoxic drugs
- Low blood pressure
- Liver disease
- Heart failure
- Urinary and kidney infection.
B. Cause of chronic renal failure
- Kidney stones
- Ayurvedic medicines
- Glomerular diseases
- Genetic kidney diseases like polycystic disease.
- Patients having protein or blood cells in their urine and unexplained renal failure requires kidney biopsy.
- Kidney biopsy is a simple and safe procedure, which is done under local anesthesia and ultrasound guidance.
- Biopsy gives accurate diagnosis and prognosis of kidney disease. Thus helps in accurate treatment.
- We provide best care for kidney biopsy.
Hemodialysis is a procedure in which blood is filtered by a machine to remove waste products of body.
Patients with acute renal failure and chronic renal failure ESRD may require hemodialysis.
Not all patients require long term dialysis, patients with acute renal failure require dialysis only temporary.
We have modern dialysis unit at DEVASYA we also have facility of PLASMOPHASESIS and SLED and DIALYSIS in critical patients in ICU.DIALYSIS CHARGES: OPD patient 1200/- per dialysis, Indoor patient 1500/- per dialysis
About Peritoneal Dialysis
Patient with chronic renal failure – end stage renal disease require renal replacement therapy
- 1 DIALYSIS OR 2 KIDNEY TRANSPLANTATION
- PERITONEAL DIALYSIS
Peritoneal dialysis is an equally effective as hemodialysis. Its main advantages is it can be done at home by patient and relatives.
We have facility for CAPD catheter insertion and training for CAPD.
- Kidney transplantation is best treatment for kidney failure patients.
- There are two types of transplant
- Living donor kidney transplant
- Cadaveric kidney transplant
Advantages Of Kidney Transplant Over Dialysis
- It gives long life.
- Better quality of life.
- Patient can join job after transplant.
- Better bone health, better nutrition, better sexual health and fertility after transplant.
We provide quality care for kidney transplant and have dedicated team.
Department of Nephrology
Facilities available in Nephrology department:
- OPD consultation for all kidney disease, dialysis patients and
- Treatment of acute renal failure
- Treatment of chronic renal failure
- Peritonial dialysis
- Kidney biopsy
- Intervention Nephrology and AV fistula creation
- Treatment of glomerulonephritis and Nephrotic syndrome
- Treatment of pediatric kidney diseases
- Treatment of pregnancy related kidney problems
- Treatment of persistant hypertension
- Treatment of fluid and electrolyte disorder
- Critical care nephrology